Complete Low Vision Care
The dedicated and caring doctors and specialists at Complete Low Vision Care in Round Rock, TX provide low vision evaluations and specialize in low-vision rehabilitation, which is the process of restoring functional ability and independence to blind and low vision individuals. As part of our low vision rehabilitation services in Round Rock, we also consult with people on selecting the right low vision aids for their visual needs and lifestyle.
Our Mission Statement
In order to navigate a sighted world, Complete Low Vision Care will partner with low vision patients and their families to enhance their activities of daily living through low vision evaluations and rehabilitation training. Our philosophy is to provide exceptional care using innovation through optical aids, assistive technology, and adaptive strategies. Complete Low Vision Care will collaborate with referring doctors, state agencies and school districts to achieve the best outcomes for all of our patients.
Laura S. Miller, O.D.
“I absolutely love being an optometrist and getting to know my patients personally! Practicing as a low vision specialist is incredibly rewarding. I enjoy helping children and adults be able to function better in their daily lives by improving their visual functioning with low vision aids. I also really delight in the challenges of fitting difficult contact patients, helping treat my patient’s eye disease, and watching a child see clearly through their first pair of glasses. I have been truly blessed with a great family, wonderful staff, and awesome patients! I would love to have you as a new patient in the practice.”
More about Laura S. Miller, O.D.
EDUCATION & EXTERNSHIPS
- Concentrated Glaucoma Course, University of Houston, 2000
- University of Houston, College of Optometry, 1991-1995
- Externship, Eye Institute of San Antonio, 8-94 to 12-94
- Specialty: Treatment of eye disease, glaucoma, and pre- and post-op care
- Externship, Wilford Hall Medical Center, 5-94 to 8-94
- Specialty: Low vision, specialty contact lenses and primary care
ACTIVITIES & PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Texas Optometric Association, Member 1995 to present
- American Optometric Association, Member 1995 to present
- Low Vision Section member, 1996 to present
- Central Texas Optometric Society, Member 1995 to present President, 1998-19
- Prevent Blindness Texas, 1998-2003 President 2001 to 2002
- Hillcrest Baptist Church, Sparks AWANA Director
- Central Baptist Church Round Rock, Special Needs Ministry Buddy
Consulting Optometrist for the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired and the Austin State Supported Living Center.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Young Optometrist of the Year — Texas Optometric Association
- President’s Award — Texas Optometric Association
- Young Alumni of the Year — University of Houston College of Optometry
- Corning Low Vision Award — University of Houston